Built in 1914, The owners have maintained much of the original character of this bungalow with its arts and crafts style effects such as stained-glass windows in the stairway, pine floors, extensive oak woodwork ceiling beams, and brick fireplace. One of the best features, besides the bay waters, are the front and back porches, which allows one to escape to a cool breeze on a hot summer day.
Life of the House
Generations of the Calvitti family have been enjoying the bay and summer breezes at this seashore bungalow ever since 1947 when Joe Calvitti, Sr. purchased the house from Gladys Bradley. Lumber stamps on the hand-honed beams indicate that the house was built in 1914. Gladys, paid the Calvittis a visit in the mid-1980s and confirmed that the home was built as the boat house by her grandfather, the owner and builder of what is now known as the Pebbles Guest House on 95th and First Avenue.